Friday, December 29, 2006

Bees, Flowers, and Maison Akira

I got a chance to play with my camera~

The images are kind of really big so... sorry! I thought I was gonna resize later so yeah. Maybe I will. Or not. Who knows?

Anyways, Flower Sex Close ups of Flowers and some berries:


I went to Maison Akira! It was a blast-- even though so little people went. I have to tell you, it was a quiet little restaurant but at the same time pretty formal. I really liked it! I loved how two different culinary styles were mixed together-- French and Japanese. Who would've thought? I kind of wanted to try Escargots but I knew I wouldn't have the mind set and the stomach to handle it. I think it's mostly psychological.

I ordered Grilled Beef Rib Eye. It was good. But I kind of regret it because most reviewers say that he is more skilled with fish than he is with meats. My favorite part of [my brother's] dish was the Wasabi Potato Mousseline. I thought that that was so creative. It tasted like potatoes with a hint of wasabi-- not spicy at all. We had two creme brulees. Kinda sweet for me-- I'm not a big fan of sweets but they were good. One was a Lavender Infused one and the other one was just good old fashioned chocolate. Maison Akira was really good but it had it's faults too. I'd give it 2.5 stars out of 4.

After the Rain::
It started to pour while we were eating. Looking out when it ended gave a really brisk clean feel. While stepping out, everything seemed to be washed away and fresh.

Soon after, the wind decided to blow-- biting our noses, whirling around our bodies.
It was cold.

No comments: